How does poverty affect periods?
Millions of people live in poverty, struggling to pay regular everyday bills, but adding in period products to the monthly bill for one or several menstruating people in the family, it can be a big burden! Many have to choose between buying groceries or tampons or resort to using unsanitary items (rags, toilet paper, newspaper, or use tampons longer than recommended which can lead to serious life-threatening TSS)
CCO focuses on reusable products for many reasons but the main one being, it saves money! They are reusable for around 10 years! That’s hundreds of dollars of savings each year not buying tampons or pads! That can make a huge difference in someones life.
Cloth Connection Outreach is about helping others
We believe everyone should have access to reusable menstrual products (R.U.M.P.s)! We have many programs that help people in every income level have access to R.U.M.P.s:
- Free starter sets for people who cant afford them
- Budget Buy/Sell/Trade group for items $5 or less
- P.A.D.S. for sale on Etsy (the funds from selling these go into keeping our free programs running)
- Reusable Workshops to teach about all the options for menstrual care
CCO is a 501c(3) that donates in USA
- Free cloth pad and menstrual cup kits (for people truly in need)
- Etsy page PADSbyCCO
- Budget BST Group
- Support Group for reusable questions for shipping updates & progress reports
- Discounted Menstrual Cup Group Buys in our Facebook Support group!
- Free reusable workshops Michigan & Kentucky
Follow us on Instagram for tips and updates
CCO is a non-discriminatory group. Anyone who menstruates can apply for a kit. A parent or guardian may apply for children in their household of menstruating age. One kit per person, must be truly in need and not already have R.U.M.P.s.
New and gently used (sanitized) kits are offered. If you have special requests after you’ve applied for a free kit, like low cervix menstrual cup, narrow or wide pads, or gender neutral prints, please send us an email after you receive your shipping payment email.
We sell P.A.D.S. that help
Every pad we sell will help keep our FREE menstrual kit program running
Funds from these pads will go toward buying supplies for our free menstrual kit program for people in need.
Easy to use
Our P.A.D.S. are designed to be better for you and the planet!
Supplies are limited. We purchase our pads from a WAHM, who uses our design to create these stunning pads! By purchasing our pads, you will be helping support a WAHM also.